How long does it take to become a pilot in Kenya?
Kenya has been blessed with bold women who have continued to venture into careers that were previously seen to be a preserve of men.
In the aviation field, our women have been breaking the glass ceiling and have been dominating the skies, inspiring young ones who would wish to join the profession.
Let us look at TOP 10 Female Kenyan Pilots Gracing the Skies– The list is random and we only picked 10 available at the time with no criteria- there are currently a minimum of 30 Female Pilots in Kenya.
1. Captain Emmy Chepkwony who flies the B737 is one of the Kenyan beauties making the country proud.
2. Captain SaviaMaria Ondego is in charge of the E190. Following the coronavirus pandemic, the beauty has been baking and bonding with her family.
3. First Officer Louisa Imbuga (B737) is the daughter of late author Francis Imbuga.
When the young lady is off duty, she spends her time watching space documentaries, baking and keeping fit.
Louisa, just like her dad, is a writer and has published one book.
4. First Officer Kellen Macharia is a charming beauty who likes swimming and spending time with family.
The beauty is working on starting her own steakhouse, a project she started two years ago.
5. Captain Fiona Ngumi (E190) has been spending time with her family at home following the coronavirus pandemic.
Away from work, the charming beauty enjoys listening to music, watching lifestyle shows, documentaries and cooking.
6. First officer Evelyn Mwongeli is a charming beauty who enjoys flying the B737.
She also leads the union’s Peer Support Program supporting pilots’ psychological health and overall well being.
7. First officer Amy Kiiru (B737) is one of the ladies who has continued to raise the Kenyan flag high.
She also doubles up as a safety manager and also enjoys riding motorbikes.
8. First officer Suman Rehal enjoys doing her work on the B787. The beauty is a dotting mother of one.
Following the coronavirus pandemic, she revealed that she has been spending time with her little one and working out.
First officer Suman Rehal B787 is a charming mother of one. Photo: Irene Koki Mutungi.